ARRANGING SHIVA'S MARRIAGE TO PARVATI
“To what do I owe this great fortune?” said Himavat in his characteristic humility. “That the Lord of creation, Brahma ji Himself, has put His sacred feet in my home, and that too accompanied by Indra deva, Varuna deva, Agni deva and so many more.”
“To all your past actions, your karma, noble King,” said Brahma, and then added somewhat mysteriously, “And undoubtedly to the actions you are now destined to perform.”
“The actions I am now to perform, my Lord?”
“Do you know what is the greatest honour for me as the creator, Himavat?”
“Everything you have done is honourable, Lord,” said Himavat with folded hands.
“Hmm…” said Brahma, visibly pleased. “It is to be father to God Himself: Shiva, when He incarnated as Rudra, and accepted me as His father, that was the greatest honour!”
“Yes, my Lord, how can one ever forget your immense fortune, this great occasion that visited upon you.”
“And that occasion, Himavat, my dear man, is about to visit you too!”
“Me? My Lord, I don’t quite understand…” Himavat stuttered.

No comments:
Post a Comment