Saturday 28 July 2018

THE PLAY OF SHIVA AND SHAKTI

“Tell me you love me,” Sati said to Shiva one day. “Prove it with your poems and clever words.”
“Oh, but I do love you,” He said.“And it’s when you specifically ask me to say that I love you, I find myself speechless; such are your charms and magic,” Shiva laughed.
“Really?” Sati was pleased. “So go on, tell me more.”
“Before I met you, I had no wants. I was okay with everything that already was, okay to be by myself alone , oblivious of so many beings in this world...but now…”
“Now?”
“Now it’s all changed, it’s all different”
“How?”
“Because now, when I see you, and I see us together in this world, it all takes on a whole new meaning! The world is such a great place to be, with you by my side. I never thought I would want anything so much as your company.”
“Ah! But isn’t it wrong for yogis to want... ? Aren’t yogis supposed to be without desire?” She asked.
“Desirelessness? Hmm. … mine is a Shaivite creed:
One full of desire to see Shiva Shakti in limitless manifestation and play...” Shiva said.
“You can really show the extreme opposite as a reconciliation, can’t you?” Sati smiled, " And yes, true again, how could the world have been created if God did not desire it !!"
( From the book SHIVA, The Ultimate Time Traveller. by Shail Gulhati )

No comments:

Post a Comment