Saturday 10 July 2021

Why Lord Kartikeya is called Swaminatha?

 


Why Lord Kartikeya is called Swaminatha?
Once kartikeya asked Lord Brahma to explain the meaning of Om. Brahma explained to him but he was not satisfied. Later on, when asked by Lord Shiva, he explained the whole episode to him. Lord Shiva told that he must learn from Lord Brahma, as he is the supreme creator. To this Kartikeya replied, ‘Then you tell me, what is the meaning of Om?’ Hearing this, Lord Shiva smiled and said, ‘Even I don’t know.’ Kartikeya said, ‘Then I will tell you because I know the meaning of Om.’
‘But I can’t tell you like this. You have to give me the place of the Guru. Only if you put me on the pedestal of the Guru can I tell you’, said Kartikeya. Guru means he has to be on a higher position or platform. The teacher has to sit on a higher place and the student has to sit down and listen to him.
How can Lord Shiva find a seat higher than him, for He is the highest and greatest of Gods? So Lord Shiva lifted the young Kartikeya on to His shoulders. And in the ear of Lord Shiva, Lord Kartikeya explained the meaning of the Pranava Mantra (Om).
The essence of Om as explained by Murugan ;
Kartikeya explained that the entire Creation is contained in Om. The Trinity – Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva are contained in Om. This is the essence and also the secret of Om that Lord Kartikeya narrated to Lord Shiva.
Upon hearing this, Goddess Parvati was elated and overcome with joy. She said, ‘You have become a Guru (Swami) to my Lord (Natha)!’ Saying this she addressed her son as Swaminatha, and ever since Lord Kartikeya came to be known as Swaminatha.! 🔱👁🌀🌙🌷💀🐍🌻⌛️📿🌺🐚🔔🕉🍃🔆🙏🏻🌸
Jai Swaminatha ~ Jai Shiva Shankar ~ Shubh Prabhat! 🌈🕉🌀💟👁🌷🌈🕉🌀💟👁🌷🌈🕉💟👁🌷🌈🌀💟

No comments:

Post a Comment