Monday 18 April 2022

Why do we worship Durga?

 


I have been to Dakshineshwar, Kolkotta in front of Ma Kali.

She stood in the sanctum in her intimidating posture, the red tongue out, fire in eyes. The moment I looked at her with awe, I saw her smiling on me.

In Dakshineswar, Ganga ma flows very close to the temple and its cool outside the temple. But the moment you step in, you feel a stagnant and scorching heat around you. But when I saw Ma Kali’s face and the sweet smile she had on me, I felt a cool wave around me. I felt that there was milk all around me. I could see nothing but the while cool light and Ma’s most benevolent and graceful smile. I have never forgotten that.

The temple staff were pushing people away from the Sannidhi as the queue was very long. But for some reason, they did not push me aside and I stood there several minutes lost in the most compassionate love of Kali Ma. I sat in meditation many hours outside the sanctum. I felt that when she is the Lord, ruling this world, what worry can anyone have. I have carried that experience with me throughout these years - undiminished! Sreevidya Balasubramaniam

No comments:

Post a Comment