Monday 29 January 2024

RE-INCARNATION

 


RE-INCARNATION
The central import of Shiva’s story, is that of love: God created this universe, simply to love and be loved. The central import of Parvati’s life, is to be with Shiva, always. In so doing even through lifetimes, it is She, who establishes the Hindu belief in re-incarnation; for love it is, that can propel us to be re-born; to manifest ourselves just to be with the beloved, once again.
A remarkable aspect of Parvati’s life was that She remembered many lessons innately, which She had learnt in a previous lifetime, as Sati. Déjà vu seems to be a spiritual device!
Lately, a lot of interest has been evinced in Shiva. We have had dozens of books, TV serials, movie clips, comics ,and lots of pages and groups surfacing on social media, all dedicated to the enigma that is Mahadeva – The God amongst Gods. When I first set out to write on Shiva, I wanted to come out with something that I myself would have enjoyed reading about Him! Everyone loves a good story, and reading so much from others about Shiva, I wanted to present His story the way that I ‘saw’ Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment