Sunday 26 May 2013

Acts Of Spontaneous Compassion And Their Memories



Acts Of Spontaneous Compassion And Their Memories : 

My recent acquaintance with the works of Jalaluddin Rumi has made me think about the concepts of God and Oneness. Reading his thoughts and works made me realise that God lies within us; therefore it is up to us to find him. To know the Almighty is to realise one’s true Self which can be done only when you are kind towards his creation, that is, human beings and others.

Goodness, kindness and modesty are all a part of us; the main element of our soul, elements which make us true children of God. My observation, my introspection is that whenever I have done something nice, for example, when I helped a feeble man cross the road, or helped a wheelchair-bound woman to board the metro train, I hadn’t realised that these small gestures would fill me with so much happiness, not to speak of the gratitude, warmth and love I could see in the eyes of the person I assisted.

The feeling is priceless, and the beauty of this is that the amount of happiness which you experience is incomparable. Shopping sprees and indulging in mundane affairs may bring at best temporary happiness, but acts of spontaneous compassion and their memories always fill you with immense satisfaction and happiness. And what’s more, it enhances your self-esteem, and helps you become a better person.

Om Namah Shivay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment