Sunday 29 October 2017

SHIVLINGA AND SHIVA ROOPAM

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, indoor

SHIVLINGA AND SHIVA ROOPAM
( Shiva teaches Sati about the shiva worship)
One day, Sati said to her Lord, “I fell in love with you even before I saw you,” She added. “The wood of this soul started to prepare itself to burn for you from the very time I saw Sristi Iswara Maharaj. I did so love the Shivlinga, and now I love you so much as Shiv Shanker, the handsome mendicant, who is my husband! My Swami, My Lord! Mine and only mine! She said happily."The Shivlinga can belong to all, but you, belong to me!” She looked at Him and then added,“Tell me more about the Shivlinga being your representation”
Shiva smiled. “The Shivlinga means many things at many realms, each true for that level of subtlety. It is a symbolic representation of absolute transcendence, Omkaar, the impersonal God leading to a spiritual understanding of supreme consciousness.”
“I see.”
“Whereas, in my Yogi roop,” Shiva continued, “Worshippers consider the immanence of God personified; the personal God, you know, the one with all the stories and folklore they sing of.”
“Yes. There are so many stories about you!” said Sati.
“It is how the ancient rishis conceived God in His unborn, invisible form as the Shiva Lingam. It is worshipped equally popularly as the Image of my own self, or as me!” said Shiva
"As i said, it means different things to people of different levels of understanding. The paramount understanding is this:“The Shivlinga means to convey that the transcendent or formless God, called nirakaar pervades the manifest world as immanence or God with form- sakaar ,” Shiva continued.
“Oh,” said Sati." I understand now, God is both formless and with form"
( From the book SHIVA, The Ultimate Time Traveller )

No comments:

Post a Comment