Sunday 24 December 2017

Hinduism lays great emphasis on worshipping the five gods. Lord Shiva and his Roop Hanuman, Lord Vishnu, Lord Ganesha, Maa Shakti and Surya Dev (Sun-god). One who renders devotional service to and worships any of these deities and does japa of their names gets all kinds of benefits – material, other-worldly, moral and spiritual.

Image may contain: 1 person

Hinduism lays great emphasis on worshipping the five gods. Lord Shiva and his Roop Hanuman, Lord Vishnu, Lord Ganesha, Maa Shakti and Surya Dev (Sun-god). One who renders devotional service to and worships any of these deities and does japa of their names gets all kinds of benefits – material, other-worldly, moral and spiritual.
The Sun is the symbol of the Self-god. As the Self-god illuminates the mind, the intellect and the body, the Sun illuminates the world. But the Sun too is illuminated by the Atman. Who is the knower of the existence or non-existence of the Sun? It is your real ‘I’, your Real Self. Your real ‘I’ is blazing in the form of the Sun.
The Sun is the symbol of Knowledge and is the source of light, ojas, lustre, power and vitality. Elaborating on the meaning of Surya, the scriptures say: Surya is Su(supreme) + rya (inspiring). Thus Surya means ‘the supreme one that inspires’.
‘O Surya! O Lord! Illuminate my intellect with Knowledge. You are the ancient one, the son of Aditi; and You are here now.’
Scriptures have given a beautiful method of worshipping the Sun-god:
‘Lord! Lead me from untruth to Truth.’
Lord! Save me from attachment to transient sense-enjoyments that are being formed and deformed continually and lead me to the Truth that is eternal, unchangeable and uniform.
‘Lord! Lead me from darkness to Light.’
“Lord! Take me from the darkness of ignorance to the Light of Self-knowledge. Save me from ignorance and folly and attract me to Your self-luminous nature, the Consciousness Absolute, the eternal witness to all phenomena. May my ignorance of considering the body as ‘I’ get destroyed! May my ignorance of considering transient objects as ‘my’ get destroyed!”
🌞☀️ Om Suryaya Namah  ☀️🌞

No comments:

Post a Comment