Tuesday 23 December 2014

Yudhishthira performs Ashwamedha Yagna


Arjuna regains consciousness
Babruvahana bowed before Arjuna and said: “O my fahter! we are all happy.” said Babruvahana. Arjuna looked around and found his wives Chitrangada and Uloopi. “O my son, Babruvahana! I am finding both pleasure and sorrow in your faces. What had happened? This is battle field. How your mother Chitrangada and Uloopi arrived here.” asked Arjuna. Babruvahana showed Uloopi and kept quiet. “O Uloopi! What made you to come over here.” asked Arjuna.
Uloopi reveals a secret
Uloopi says, “O my husband Arjuna! No one is at fault. There is a reason why you got killed by you own son and I had to come here to give you a new life.” Uloopi narrates - You kept Sikhandi before you and fought with Bhishma. Bhishma fell down on bed of arrows. Thus you attained great sin. Expiation is necessary for your sin. One day while I was taking holy bath in river Ganga, Vasus also were taking bath in river Ganga.
The plan of the Vasus
River Ganga, in human form, was talking with Vasus. Vasuvus told Ganga thus: “O mother Ganga! Bhishma is your son. He was one amongst us. Arjuna killed your son, Bhishma, keeping Sikhandi, before him. But Bhishma dropped his bow and arrows. Then Arjuna shot numerous arrows throughout his body. Bhishma fell upon arrow bed. Arjuna attained wicked and cruel victory upon Bhishma. Hence we intend to curse Arjuna.” said Vasuvus. River Ganga accepted their proposal.
Upon hearing the above conversation, I proceeded to my father and told him what had happened. My father immediately met Vasuvus and requested them to save Arjuna. Vasus agreed to save Arjuna but on condition that Arjuna shall fight with his own son, Babruvahana and be defeated. Then only his sin will vanish. My father conveyed the same to me. Meanwhile, you have come following Yagya Ashva. As I was waiting for opportunity, I have come down to Babruvahana and instigated him to fight with you.
Uloopi saved Arjuna
As per my wish, Babruvahana fought with you and defeated you. You fell down unconscious. All of us except me thought that you are dead. With this, all your sins are vanished. With the power of this Naga Diamond, you regained consciousness. This is what had happened.” said Uloopi. On hearing this, Arjuna felt very happy. After taking leave from Babruvahana, Chitrangada and Uloopi, Arjuna again embarked on his journey…following the Yagya Ashva .
Om Namah Shivay

No comments:

Post a Comment