Wednesday 5 August 2015

Bread

The Yogi and the snake's photo.

Bread
“What of Heaven and hell?”, asked the Yogi. “Do good and you shall go to Heaven, do bad, and you shall go to hell. To me, this also indicates that you must mature well here, and you shall do well hereinafter. What of Heaven anyway?”, repeated the Yogi, “they think I would be in Heaven always, but it is not so”.
“How can that be?” asked the snake.
“When my children are in conflict, when they are suffering, when, they do not even get the promised daily bread; you can be sure that I am passing through hell, as witness. I wouldn’t mind another helping of venom, if it could help all the others. I agree, there is hell upon earth, and we all like to believe we can escape it”.
“Why do you not give the daily bread then?” asked the snake,
“Because I have much else to give you”, said the Yogi, “I don’t want you to remain limited to wheat bread only. I want to give you spiritual bread. Wheat bread may not be everyone’s problem. There are people who have plenty of food to eat, but they have other problems. God has to sort out everyone’s problems, and He is waiting for everyone to help Him in His task”.
“We ask God for help”, said the snake, “how can it be that God requires our help?”
“It is this understanding you have not reached. For, verily, even with regard to wheat bread , I have tried producing double of what is required, but people still go hungry. So, the question is, when will man, learn to give bread to man?” lamented a saddened Yogi.
It dawned the snake, that spiritual paucity was the source of all paucity.

No comments:

Post a Comment