Thursday 9 March 2017

I know now, that I have embarked upon the great Shiva”, for who else can speak with such clarity and authority?

Image may contain: 1 person, cloud, sky and outdoor

SHIVA
“ I know now, that I have embarked upon the great Shiva”, for who else can speak with such clarity and authority? Ah! where all have I not looked for you?” The snake said passionately.
The Yogi smiled.
“And now that I have found you, I must say I have always been awed by your character; but this brings me to some difficult points about you.” The snake spurted out his words as if he really wanted them out.
“Go ahead” , said the Yogi.
“Tell me, why are you known as the destroyer in the pantheon of Gods?” The snake shivered.“There is no need to be scared” , said the Yogi. “Mythologically three of us constitute the Trinity. Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver, and I, the destroyer of the Universe. If we use reductivity, and think of this as a business firm, where, one provides capital, thus becomes the chairman, the other runs the affairs and thus becomes the managing director, the third only gets to liquidate the firm if its running turns sour. A trifle unfair. But since the Universe already stands created and is so far being preserved, although it is stalling, so, I hold the key to its destruction, or final chapter. If I refuse to destroy, there is no need for fear, is there? I could force the other two to reconsider a few things about the firm. I am contemplating rectification instead of destruction. How will that sound”, asked the Yogi, “Shiva the rectifier?”
“I can understand” , said the snake.
“Philosophically, God, is the power of creation, preservation, and destruction. These processes go hand in hand. Brahma, Vishnu and I, are the same energy, manifesting differently. Perhaps we need that fourth process, the process of rectification.”
“There again” , thought the snake, “ creation and preservation already undertaken, the key to the fourth must lie with the third, so, the destructive aspect of God, commonly known as Shiva is the one to watch. It is He who will give way to rectification.”
( The Yogi and the snake)

No comments:

Post a Comment