Wednesday 15 May 2013

Lord Shiva Nataraja with a magnificent Cobra around His neck. The cobra is Shivji's chief adornmnent.


Everyone wears a pearl gladly.
but Shiva, he wraps the snake around his neck as a call
Everyone takes measure of their kingdoms ,
large or homely small
but shiva,
he looks skyward
embracing all.
(shail gulhati)

Everyone wears a pearl gladly.
but Shiva, he wraps the snake around his neck as adornment.
only because of the social stigma suffering that the reptilian tribe suffers at the hand( or feet) of judgemental humans, apassage from a shiva writing:

The yogi looked so serene and inviting, that the snake wanted to pour his heart out. All he could utter, was, ‘I am known to bite even those who feed me, so no one accepts me any more.’
Come! Wrap yourself around my neck in embrace, said the yogi. I am known to accept those who are shunned.
You ask for me to embrace you simply on the premise that I feel shunned? Asked the snake.
Yes, I ask everyone to embrace me, said the yogi. Everyone is shunned by someone else.The poor , for example,are shunned by the rich, the rich by the religious, some people shun themselves; even the spiritual are shunned by many. I am a lover of all.
But I may not be able to guarantee my nature, said the snake, sliding up to the yogi, I may still bite.
Not sure of yourself, said the yogi, but it is no matter, I am used to swallowing venom created by others. Don’t worry about your bites, they shall enable me to test my own nature from time to time.
{The Yogi and the snake,1995}

No comments:

Post a Comment