Saturday 30 September 2017

WHEN RAVANA ROCKED KAILASH....

Image may contain: 1 person

WHEN RAVANA ROCKED KAILASH....
One evening Sati and Shiva were playing their favourite game of dice. Sati was already losing the game, when their cave started shaking.
“You are shaking the bed to cheat, Shiva,” She said.
“No, of course not. Look, my hands are on my thandai" He said, raising His arms into the air,
and drinking the bhang from his goblet.
“But the bed is rocking,” She said. “Is it an earthquake?”
“Let me see,” He said, scrambling to the window.
Suddenly, He broke out into a laughter.
“What’s so funny?” She asked.
“It’s no earthquake, it’s only Ravana rocking Kailash to please me.”
“Ravana? How many times have I told you, I just don’t like that man! He’s too overbearing, too ambitious…too intrusive. Just what does he mean by rocking our home? And look at you! How can you laugh when He dares to be so impertinent?”
“It’s ok, Sati. I will ask him to stop. He’s a great and overzealous bhakt whose passion knows no boundaries when he is invoking me.”
“He is a perfect demon, I tell you. Just ask him to stop, will you?”
“He is not a demon, Sati. He’s just like a child.”
“A child? Shiva, this is what I don’t like. You lose discretion when it comes to your bhakts. He is no child. Someone who is vain enough to rock your Abode, will actually rock the kingdom of Gods.He will shake the foundations of tradition, mark my words! You, wait and watch!” Sati said.
“Ravana! Ravana! Stop this nonsense will you? Do you have any idea what time it is? And what are you trying to do anyway, you silly man?”said Shiva angrily from his window.
The rocking came to an abrupt end. An incomprehensible whimper came from below the window. It was a mumble of an apology. They both heard Ravana scamper away.
~ From the book SHIVA, The Ultimate Time Traveller.

No comments:

Post a Comment