Thursday 13 June 2013

Who Is A Guru ?



Who Is A Guru ?

A guru dispels ignorance. What we are searching for is bliss, the answer to “who am I?” because we are still unaware that we are bliss. As a seeker I am taking up so many paths to reach where I already am. So a guru has to point this out, and share knowledge which frees me of my ignorant state. Hence guru should mean ‘Atma Jnana’ because it is knowledge that dispels ignorance. Therefore knowledge is guru. But who will transmit the knowledge? The teacher; but the teacher is different from the knowledge, just as science is different from my science teacher. Science continues but teachers change. When the teacher becomes the embodiment of knowledge not just in word but by Being, then teacher and teaching become one. Therefore guru = knowledge+teacher of knowledge.

Om Namah Shivay.

No comments:

Post a Comment