Saturday 25 April 2015

"I reside not in Vaikuntha or in the hearts of the great Yogis, but I am present where my devotees sing my name, O Narada. I will leave everything to rush to my devotees where my name is chanting with love and devotion" ~ Says Lord Hari in Shrimad Bhagvatam. "In Kaliyug, singing kirtans and dhun will give us the same punya as performing yagna, tap, and vrat".


"I reside not in Vaikuntha or in the hearts of the great Yogis, but I am present where my devotees sing my name, O Narada. I will leave everything to rush to my devotees where my name is chanting with love and devotion" ~ Says Lord Hari in Shrimad Bhagvatam. "In Kaliyug, singing kirtans and dhun will give us the same punya as performing yagna, tap, and vrat". Kirtan is truly powerful form of Bhakti. During Kirtan, if one is absorbed in it, nothing else matters. It is indeed food for the soul. Kirtan is the yoga of devotion, the yoga of wisdom and mantra, the yoga of sound. Kirtan destroys sins, Vasanas and Samskaras, fills the heart with love and devotion and brings the devotee face to face with God. And also Satsang, continuous attendance at Satsang circulates inherent love and obedience for the Almighty. It moulds one’s attitude to become more bearable, patient and composed while dealing with everyday situations. The idea of Satsang is to bring positivism and awareness into one’s life. It is strongly believed that human mind is prone to evil and misdeeds. Hence those who do not associate themselves with good company i.e. Satsang automatically get inclined to bad company which is Kusang where ‘Ku’ defines evil. From good company or Satsang comes non attachment- that is a certain amount of dispassion for all things worldly. From non-attachment arises freedom from delusion. A person becomes dispassionate when he is free from Moha Maya. When there is freedom from delusion, his mind becomes still and from this state he can easily gain liberation. Such is the greatness of Satsang.
Hari Om Tat Sat Namah Shivaya ~ Jai ShankarParvati!!

No comments:

Post a Comment