Tuesday 23 April 2013

We come into this worldly life to enjoy its magnificence created out of duality



The other day, I had a nightmare. I saw that I was playing a rugby match. Soon after the match started, the referee was knocked down unconscious by some rowdy players. Now, it was a free for all. The sole objective of every player was either to run with the ball into the rival team’s goal or to stop a rival player from running with the ball into the home goal. Many players ended up with serious injuries. In fact, I was knocked down by a rowdy player and fell on my head. It so happened that I wasn’t wearing a helmet. I don’t know why; after all, it was a dream! I had a serious head injury and died within a few moments. In those few final moments of my life, I badly wished that I had worn a helmet and may be then I would not have been dying. I also wished that the organisers would revive the referee. Then I woke up with a start!

The next day, I again dreamt that there was this rugby match in which I was playing. But this time, I was wearing a helmet! The referee was knocked unconscious as soon as the match started. However, the organisers immediately sent in a doctor and revived the referee quickly. Then, the match was played in a rule-bound manner without any serious injuries to any player. I had a good match and though our team lost, I enjoyed the game to return home satisfied.

Later, I was contemplating about the significance of these two dreams. I figured that the rugby match signified my life. We come into this worldly life to enjoy its magnificence created out of duality. That is equivalent to the duality of winning or losing in the rugby match. I, as a player in that dream, represented my conditioned ego in this life. All the other players represented the wherewithal in my life, namely, my body, sense organs, mind and intellect. All the players together try and enjoy the game.

The rivals’ goal stands for the various sense pleasures that I hanker after. My home goal represents the possible hurts, dissatisfactions or anger that I wish to guard against. The referee is my spiritual conscience.

W e are expected to follow certain spiritual rules in addition to the laws of the land. This is akin to the rules of a rugby game. However, we give the go-by to the referee early in the game by knocking out our spiritual conscience, so that our ego can have a field day. Then our conditioned ego, body, sense organs, mind and intellect (the players) go berserk with the single objective of running after sense and ego pleasures and blocking pain and ego hurts. However, we end up being dissatisfied, badly bruised and finally die with a desire to come back to another life that we hope would be “better”. This cycle goes on endlessly.
In the second dream, the organisers reviving the referee is equivalent to our sadhguru reviving our spiritual conscience. Then, we play the game of life, following rules of the game. Our path is full of bliss, whether we are “losing or winning.” After the game of life is over, we go back “home”, to the abode of the true Self, liberated, fulfilled and no longer desirous of playing another game of life.


Om Namah Shivay.


source : FB

No comments:

Post a Comment