Thursday 14 May 2015

My Shiva, O my Shiva!


* Omkareshwar Jyotirling ‪#‎Khandwa‬ ‪#‎India‬ *
My Shiva, O my Shiva!
Tell me please how much You ‪#‎love‬ me
'Cause I myself do not know
And cannot even hope to know
The extent of Your kind love for me.
Everytime I behold Your Image
My ‪#‎heart‬ gets captivated,
Imprisoned as it is by invisible ties
That bind it tightly at Your Lotus Feet.
Oh! How You stand!
So lofty and full of power,
Authoritatively holding Your shining Trident!
The ‪#‎tiger‬-skin that adores
Your strong masculine Frame,
Along with the ‪#‎elephant‬-skin You wear
Is all the more enhanced in beauty
By the Golden girdle encircling Your Waist.
Oh! How much I envy the Rosary
That embellishes those mighty Arms
And bedecks those hardy Wrists,
Such is my longing to become
The Rosary hugging that sturdy Chest!
Your smooth Body besmeared with ‪#‎Ashes‬
And the Golden ‪#‎anklet‬
Glowing on Your right Leg,
Signals the eternal cosmic ‪#‎Dance‬
You have been doing for endless days
On the sweet rhythm of Your ‪#‎Drum‬
With such a bewitching grace
That the whole creation
Is watching in stupored daze!
Those three ‪#‎mesmerizing‬ Eyes of Yours
Of light, life and heat
Are the three divine sources:
Your Gold earrings look alluring
In contrast with the pink crimson of Your Cheeks
And the ‪#‎Sandal‬ paste on Your Forehead
Makes that Peaceful expression more placid,
Which radiates from that Face ah so ‪#‎Handsome‬!
The sparkling crescent ‪#‎Moon‬
Ornamented as Your diadem
Renders You the form of an enchanting Groom
More exotic and resplendent than
Innumerable brilliant suns!

Ah! That ‪#‎Innocent‬ smile of Yours
Has cast a spell on me!
The sheer Purity of Your Being
Is projected by the Celestial river
That descends gently streaming
From the Crown of Your long matted ‪#‎Hair‬.
O blue-necked one, Your ‪#‎serpent‬ Necklace
Reveals the conquest of ‪#‎death‬
And immortality as Your True nature!
However hard I try
I always fail to love You
The way You ‪#‎shower‬ me
At all times with Your love,
Nevertheless, I shall keep on trying
Without fail, with every ‪#‎breath‬ of mine,
To reach the supreme Abode
Of wholehearted love & devotion
Where my Lord resides.
Though I know this very well
That I am not distinct from You,
Yet, I feel like a ‪#‎hapless‬ ‪#‎Limb‬
Of Yours, severed from You!
Waiting since time immemorial
When my Lord will pick me up
Out of His unlimited love & compassion,
And put me back where I belong . . .
Please come soon as now no more
Can I live without You,
And then promise me
You will keep me always with You;
Also, when I leave this body
May my ashes be used
In the worship of Your Linga,
The symbol of all-auspiciousness!
With great reverence & adoration
You are venerated by everybody,
But I know not the sacred rites
Through which to pay homage to You;
Still, my Sweet-scented Beloved,
Please accept my #love for You
However ‪#‎imperfect‬ it might be,
Because this is all I have to offer You,
As everything I thought of as mine
Has forever already been Yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment